Louise has worked in the recruitment industry since 2002, covering a broad range of junior, mid and senior level roles across various industry sectors and functional specialisms on both a contingent and retained basis. She spent a large part of her career covering Corporate Finance, Debt Finance and Strategy roles and has focused on the Executive Search market since 2014, working with both global and boutique companies. As a joint founder and Director of Roseland Partners, Louise is responsible for client and candidate development, research and general delivery, as well as assisting with the day-to-day running of the business. In her spare time she is studying for a Diploma in Nutrition, and is passionate about food, travel, and rambling in the South Downs with her Dachshund cross Basil. Originally from Cornwall, Louise named the firm after the stunning Roseland Peninsula in the west of the county. Louise has a BA (Hons) in History of Art & Architecture from the University of Manchester and holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations from UMIST. You can contact her at email@example.com
Caroline began her career in the recruitment industry in 2002. After several years in agency and in-house recruitment in the City she spent seven years developing and heading up the People and Operations functions at a London-based communications agency, where additionally she sat on the Leadership Team. As a joint founder and Director of Roseland Partners, Caroline focuses on research, marketing, and day-to-day business operations. Since the end of 2016 she has been living and working in Barcelona, where in addition to her role at Roseland Partners she teaches Business English part time, learns Spanish, and enjoys keeping fit and exploring the Catalonian coast and countryside. Caroline has a BA (Hons) in Applied Psychology from the University of Sussex. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We create partnerships
Roseland Partners operate a partnership culture internally, therefore we don’t work to individual sales targets or answer to shareholders. This helps us to stay flexible, see the bigger picture and take a long-term view, which in turn means that we are able to listen harder and give better advice. Externally we seek to build partnerships with the individuals and companies we work with, and we offer the same high standard of service to both our clients and candidates. We value both equally and believe in the importance of nurturing long-lasting relationships – and as such we pride ourselves on being personable, approachable, and listening and learning. This doesn’t just benefit our network and reach, but also makes our work much more rewarding.
We work smart
We don’t believe in a face time, desk-bound culture. Roseland Partners is a location-independent business, and utilises the latest technologies to share information efficiently. We use our time wisely and are not hampered by multiple daily meetings. We are small, efficient, flexible, have a clear purpose and manage our workload closely, which means that we are better able to tailor our service to suit the needs of both our candidates and clients and maintain a high success rate.
We have integrity
We are committed to giving honest advice, and working with like-minded individuals and businesses. We will be transparent about our ability to deliver on a potential project or how well placed we are to represent a candidate from the outset. For us, our success is not measured purely in financial terms but also by the quality of the work we produce and the longevity of relationships we build. Additionally, we operate with a clear code of ethics for ourselves that dovetail with our values.
As a small business we know Roseland Partners can’t change the world, but we aim to have a positive impact on it where we can.
- We use one of the leading green hosting companies for our website, Kualo.
- Aside from our business cards, we provide our company information digitally to cut down on paper waste. Additionally, our business cards are made from recycled paper.
- We use sustainable materials where possible (e.g. reusable coffee cups) and recycle all other materials that we can.
- We use energy-efficient lighting in our offices.
- We do not travel unnecessarily.
- Positive impact isn’t just about the world around us – it’s about people and companies too – we like to work with businesses with a great company culture who respect and nurture their employees.
- We foster this environment at Roseland Partners too – being happy in what we do is one of our top priorities!
- We have chosen not to bank with one of the leading UK high street banks, and instead bank with a smaller, more ethical institution.
- We also insure the business with an ethical insurance company.
- We choose to buy from local and ethical businesses day-to-day.
- At the end of each financial year we donate to chosen charities. Organisations we have donated to include Alzheimer’s Society, Paul’s Cancer Support Centre in London, and Shelter. In 2019/20 we will be supporting these two charities:
Make Change Count, Brighton
This is an ongoing campaign run by Brighton and Hove City Council that distributes donations among nine local charitable organisations to directly support homeless people in the city. This could range from providing food through to accessing support from outreach workers to help rebuild their lives. Having been a Brighton resident for a number of years, the work of these charities is extremely important to Louise.
350.org is an international movement working to accelerate the transition to renewable energy through community support and pressure on governments and big businesses. Achievements in recent years have included helping to stop fracking in cities across Brazil and Argentina, and pushing hundreds of universities, foundations, cities and churches to divest from fossil fuels. Caroline feels passionate about the climate change cause and as such has chosen this charity in order to support global change.